Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

I have a Kenmore washing machine that doesn't spin. It washes, drains, and you can hear the spin cycle going, but it will not turn on its own. When it first happened I could manually start the spin by actually turning the barrel and then it would continue on its own, but now it will not turn at all. This happens with both spins on "all" cycles. Is this an easy fix? I don't know the year, as I bought it used, but do know it's not very old.

By robertaf from Spokane, WA

Answers:

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

This has been asked and answered quite a few times. It is an easy fix, for a repair man. It is likely a small part that attaches to the motor, but what takes a repair person about 15 minutes will likely take the untrained 8 hours. Just call the repairman. (10/13/2010)

By Louise B.

Kenmore Washer Not Spinning

The first time this happened to my Kenmore I called a repair man and then I watched him do it. There is a part under the tub that is a 3 piece part. There is a three prong circle that fits into a piece of rubber and then another three prong circle that fits on top of the rubber. One of the circles was broken. The part is about 20$ to buy. I have fixed this part 3 times since the repair guy came. (10/14/2010)

By michele