Killing Weeds in a Patio

What is most effective way to kill weeds that keep growing through my patio?

By A. Laverick

If you want something "green", full strength vinegar is the cheapest and best way. Try not to use the chemicals unless absolutely necessary.

White or cider?

Boiling hot water, kills the plants it's roots and any seeds in the ground cheap and easy.

Boiling salt water is the quickest, safest and cheapest way to kill weeds in a walkway or patio. Just bring a large pot of water to boil and add 1/2 to 1 full container of salt. ( I use the cheapest kind I can find). Once the salt is completely dissolved use a pitcher to pour the water into the cracks were the weeds keep growing, after a few hours you can pull out the wilted, dead weeds.

I pour salt into the sidewalk cracks periodically throughout the growing season, especially after a rain storm. The saltwater dehydrates any roots under the walk and the straight salt keeps any roots from coming back. This is safe to use around children and pets, and won't hurt the environment. I even use it on the walkway between my flower beds and it doesn't hurt any of the established plants.

I would not use boiling water on a patio extreme heat and or cold will damage the patio stones and cause them to crack or bust apart over time

I've tried the salt & boiling water method. Sadly both didn't work for me

Anonymous

Adding a little vinegar also to it d