RiceRecipes

Kimchi Fried Rice

This version of fried rice is so much easier to make than traditional fried rice. It has only 4 main ingredients but it is packed with flavour and textures. It's really easy to make, too. I hope you give it a try!

I personally like my fried rice with more egg so I add an extra one from time to time. :)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 2 servings

Link: My recipe for a great homemade kimchi

1. Give the kimchi and onions a rough chop. Set aside.
  2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add egg and scramble until just soft set. Remove from pan, set aside.
  3. Add other teaspoon of oil to the pan, add the chopped onions. Sautee for a couple minutes until translucent.
  4. Ad

5. Add the cooked rice to the onions. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
  6. Add the chopped kimchi to the rice and onion and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
  7. Ad

8. Add the scrambled egg back in and break it up with your spoon. Mix everything together well.
  9. Give the fried rice a taste to see if it needs salt. Sometimes, the kimchi gives off enough salt so it is not needed. Enjoy!
  10. Ad

This looks and sounds good - I love homemade Kimchi and fried rice is always good so the two together(?) sounds like a winner to me.
Betty

Thanks Betty! Making this kimchi fried rice is actually pretty new to me, even though I've been eating both since I was a kid. It's definitely one of my favourite fried rices now-- almost a bit dangerous (can't stop eating)!

Anonymous

WHERE DO YOU GET KIMCHI FROM

Hi! You can get it in many markets nowadays, but here is a recipe for my homemade kimchi:

http://www.thri … hi.html#feedback

I can't thank you enough for this recipe. I'm a kimchi fan. I REALLY love it. The recipe looks sooooo easy that I'm going to make it very soon. Looks delicious too!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

You're welcome you're welcome!!! :)

Anonymous

Thank you so much for such easy recipe. I LOVE kimchi. Looks delicious!!!! I'm going to make it very soon.Thank you again!

Let us know how you like it! :)

Thank you so very much for your easy recipe. I'm a kimchi fan. I LOVE kimchi. This recipe looks delicious!!!!!!! Going to make it soon and I will let you know. Thank you again!!!!!

Anonymous

I made this recipe and it came out delicious!!! Thank you so very much! I recommend it!!!

Thank you for trying it! I'm so happy!! :)