CatsPets

Kitten Lonely While Owner at Work

Category Cats

My son and I bought kittens in February, one from a shelter and one from a breeder. They have been like siblings for 6 months. Now my son and the shelter kitten moved out.

Should he bring his kitten back for visits? His kitten is used to several people home. Now he's alone in my son's bedroom in order to be separated from his girl friend's 6 yr old cat while they both work all day.

His kitten is howling and pacing even after he gets home, as if he is lost, looking for my kitten and the rest of the family. Is it in the kitten's best interest to come back this weekend to visit us. I'm thinking when they go back to their new home the kitten will be happy he's still with his daddy and not just cut off from the rest of us. Or is cold turkey, cutting us all off better for the kitten? I am the one who fed him and gave the kittens treats. My kitten keeps going to their bedroom looking for him too. FYI We live an hour away.

By Lyn D

That is a tough situation. Seems to me visiting might be worth a try. You would soon know if it was helpful or not. I think the problem is confining the kitten to one room all day. I think the kitten would be much happier if it had a playmate. I would try leaving the new kitten out if it and the new cat dont fight. In time they will be friends most likely.