Kittens Born in Insulation

Category Cats
Feral cats sometimes give birth to their kittens in seemingly strange places, such as in the insulation under a mobile home. This is a guide about kittens born in insulation.

I have baby kittens in the insulation of my trailer, I don't know how to get them out. I tried to catch the mother cat but every time I try to see where she is feeding the kittens she gets up. Anyone have any advice?

Fay

Answers

Best Answer

After a short period of time after birth a mother cat always moves her kittens. I grew up on a farm and know this for a fact! Maybe if you go to the spot where they are the mother cat will get fed up enough and move them to another safer location for the health of her kittens. Take care!

By Jessi (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My aunt's cat once had kittens in the insulation under her trailer. Somehow, I got recruited to get them out. I crawled under the trailer and followed the sound of their cries. Once I got under there and started moving around, they cried like crazy. They must have heard me and thought it was their mom coming. If they are in the insulation under your trailer and you don't want to crawl under there to get them, they will probably be okay until they can come out on their own, but your insulation will probably suffer. Also, the mom might move them.

When I was a kid, the morning after my cat had kittens, she moved hers. She put them under the covers of my bed with me while I was asleep. One last thing, if she isn't your cat (or even if she is) and you have a hard time finding homes for them, instead of calling Animal Control check pet stores in your area. Some will take kittens or puppies, give them thier shots and sell them to cover the cost. If they can't find homes for any of them, they will call you rather than have them put to sleep. We did this when a stray dog decided to have her puppies(13) under our house.

Do you know what part of the trailer they are at? I think they should be ok as long as the mother cat is with them. Eventually they will end up following her out from the insulation. Let me know where they are. You might be able to take the siding of the trailer of in order to get them out.

Barb

By Debbie (Guest Post)

I would call the fire department. Believe me, they have handled all kinds of pet rescues. I think it eventually may get too hot inside the insulation.