Lavandula Flower

Photo Description
I started growing the Lavandula flower several years ago. I love the cone shape of the flower and how beautiful it is when it blooms. The flower blooms year round and they are so easy to grow. The long stems of the plant can reach over 8 feet tall.

When I trim my garden I take the stems of the plant and replant them in a pot. The stems will root within a week. Furthermore, this plant grows similar to a Bird of Paradise. The root system will branch out and start new growth.

Photo Location
Paea Tahiti, French Polynesia

Surely, you live in one of the most beautiful places on this ship. Too bad we can't grow this flower here in the mid Atlantic states.

Reply Like this photo? Yes