Leftover Bread Pudding
The pudding that is very common to our country is unlike the one that's soft and creamy. Our pudding is mostly made of leftover bread or stale bread. It's also soft in the inside but crusty on the outside.
- leftover bread
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- water (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cut bread into small pieces.
- Pour milk and soak for 15-20 minutes or until bread absorbs the liquid and softens. Add more milk if needed or water if there's not enough volume of milk.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Next add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture in a baking pan or sheet. Bake over 180 C for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with sugar. Bake again for 10 minutes or until sugar is melted. This procedure is optional.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.