Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs
Tender and moist. Cooks on top of the stove, so it doesn't heat up the kitchen much. Good for any time of the year.
Total Time: About an hour
Yield: 8 chicken thighs
Source: Living Rich with Coupons website
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 chicken thighs with bone
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- sliced green onions and lemon wedges (optional)
- Shred the peel from the lemon (I used a microplane), and juice the lemon.
- In a bowl combine the lemon peel, ginger and salt.
- In another bowl combine the lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Rub lemon peel mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil and place the chicken skin-side down until it is brown, about 7 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and add the lemon juice mixture. Reduce heat, cover and cook 14-18 minutes longer or until done (180 degrees F). Note: My chicken took over 35 minutes to cook. It depends on the size of the thighs.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Skim fat from pan juices, if desired. You can put some of the juices on top of the chicken. If you want, you can garnish with scallions or lemon wedges.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!