Lentil and Bean Quinoa Salad
Vote for this contest contender!
A very healthy side dish that can be left in the fridge and eaten throughout the week. We usually get 10 bowls.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (assuming quinoa has been cooked)
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 10 bowls
- 1 cup lentils
- 1/3 cup lemon
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups quinoa
- 1 can (15.5oz) black beans
- 1 can (15.5oz) garbanzo beans
- 6 oz pitted green olives
- Prepare your quinoa by following the directions on your package. You could even use leftover quinoa to make this salad. I used 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
- In a pot, add 1 cup of lentils, cover with water about 2 inches and bring to boil. Allow to simmer for 7-15 minutes, depending how you like your lentils.
- To make your dressing to toss in later, mix lemon juice and olive oil.
- Drain all canned beans and olives into the bowl of quinoa. Incorporate lentils and dressing. Toss throughly. It is ready to serve and store in the fridge.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!