Vegetarian Quinoa and Bean Chili Recipe
A delicious and healthy meal, this vegetarian quinoa and bean chili is sure get devoured. This is a guide about vegetarian quinoa and bean chili recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love crockpot dinners. Quinoa and Bean chili is a great one. Just put a little cheddar cheese over the top and serve with tortilla chips. I put in the seeds from half of the jalapeno for more kick (and it definitely had a kick!)
Total Time: 8-10 hours Crock-pot
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sundried tomoatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable bullion
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low (or 4-5 hours on high).
- Remove bay leaf and stir well before serving
July 13, 20140 found this helpful
Very good recipe. Perfect for "meatless Monday" or any day for that matter. Thanks for sharing!
In These Guides