Vegetarian Quinoa and Bean Chili Recipe
A delicious and healthy meal, this vegetarian quinoa and bean chili is sure get devoured. This is a guide about vegetarian quinoa and bean chili recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love crockpot dinners. Quinoa and Bean chili is a great one. Just put a little cheddar cheese over the top and serve with tortilla chips. I put in the seeds from half of the jalapeno for more kick (and it definitely had a kick!)
Total Time: 8-10 hours Crock-pot
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (15 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped sundried tomoatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable bullion
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 8-10 hours on low (or 4-5 hours on high).
- Remove bay leaf and stir well before serving
July 13, 20140 found this helpful
Very good recipe. Perfect for "meatless Monday" or any day for that matter. Thanks for sharing!