AlterationsClothing

Letting Down a Hem on a Skirt

I've had to take down my daughter's school skirt. I thought all was good then I saw the colour of the material that was hemmed up was like new and not "faded" like the rest of the skirt.

I hope someone can help me with what can be done, as school uniforms are so expensive!

The first question I want to ask, Fifi, is how strict are they (at the school) about uniforms? I'd like to suggest buying lace 2 - 3" wide, the same colour as the faded portion of the skirt, to sew onto the darker part. Would the school allow that? Another option to consider would be embroidering the new hem with various colouful flowers or designs to minimize the impact of the darker contrast. www.aliexpress.com/.../32347090350.html could also be fun (I've seen things such as this at a local dollar store).

You might even start a new trend at the school!