Locating an Adult Child?

August 26, 2017

Trying to Locate My SonIn 2010 I separated from my wife, a year prior to that my son moved to Arlington, Texas with his girlfriend. I do not know how to contact him nor have any idea where to begin to look for him. My phone number has changed several times since then and so has his. He's a jack of all trades so there's no one profession he sticks to. I'm 70 years old and all my other 5 children stopped speaking to me the day I left my wife. Anybody have any ideas? I've even written TV stations in that area, no responses of course.



Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
August 26, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

Considering you understand how to use a computer I would suggest that you start with Facebook. So many people today are on this site and it has proven very helpful to many people looking for lost family members or friends. There is a search feature on the site. You can try searching for his name and the name of the girlfriend he moved with to Texas.

You might want to try and find a few newspapers in Texas and see if they run articles about a father looking for his son. You have no idea if he is still living in Texas or not. That is the hard part right now. He could of left the state and moved someplace different.

The only other hope in all of this mess is to try and talk with your other children. I know you said that they will no longer speak with you. It has been 7 years since you and your wife separated. I would think by now they would forgive you and want to talk with you again. You can try reaching out to them to see if they know where their brother is.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
August 27, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

You are more fortunate than most because you are looking for a son so he most likely has not changed his name. Also, you have access to his birth date and also to his brothers and/or sisters. You may find one of 5 may talk to you if you tell them why you are asking. Send them a letter if they will not talk to you. Keep trying as this is your best resource for current information.


You should try all the suggestions given and keep track of each tiny bit of information so you can maybe piece them together and find at least one place he has lived. This is an excellent place to start and you may find information on your other 5 children (even addresses).

If you cannot find information by yourself you can employ Tracing companies and they are really good at this. I do not know about current costs but you can always check one or two out as this would be the quickest way to find your son.
Here is a link to several sites to try and also a link to a skiptracing service. You can check out skiptracing services on Google with your zip code to find one near you. Or you can Google missing person agencies with your zip code.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 26, 20171 found this helpful

I agree you should start with Facebook. Two ways: You can filter your search by putting in names at the top then going by location... perhaps you're linked through other people. Another way is by making a PUBLIC post on there with what you just posted here and people will start sharing your story and passing it around...


many people will see it and many people can help. Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
August 27, 20170 found this helpful

Try a website called If your son did not opt out, you will find his address and landline phone number, if he has one.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts
August 27, 20170 found this helpful

I agree with the lady start with facebook.Call directory assistance and try to get his number.Look under his name then his girlfriends name.Keep writing the tv stations they might help if you pester them.You can go to white to try and look him up.Good luck.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
January 6, 20180 found this helpful

I would start with Facebook. See if your son or his girlfriend has a page. Look up any friends of either of them and the girlfriends parents or siblings. Create your own FB page and put in your profile that you are looking for your son.


Put an ad on Craigslist. Contact a private detective in Arlington. Try asking your ex. Even if you are on bad terms she may give you the info if she believes it's in your son's best interest. Just a few ideas to get you started.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 10, 20181 found this helpful

Check the mines. Thats where I lost mine.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
Answer this Question
In This Page
Better Living FamilyJune 26, 2018
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-24 18:29:16 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.