September 17, 2019
Let's talk about comfort food. Lomi is another Filipino favorite comfort food. The unique thing about it is that it's made of thick, fresh egg noodles and a thick, delicious soup. It is mostly served during afternoon snacks, breakfast or even almost all meal times.
- 600 g pork chopped into small cubes (you can also use chicken meat)
- 2 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pork bouillon cubes
- 2 liters water
- 1 kg fresh egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (optional)
- 400 g cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Tip: add spring onions, red bell pepper for additional flavor.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger. Then add the meat and bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Cook until meat turns light brown.
- Add the carrots. Stir fry in a bit. Pour water then bring to a boil.
- Now, add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in a cup or warm water and pour in the soup. However, this step is optional.
- You can also stir in beaten eggs. Also this step is optional.
- When the soup thickens, add the cabbage and simmer for one minute. If the soup has become too thick while the cabbage is still uncooked, add a little bit more water.
- Then it's ready to serve.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.