Lomi is a favorite Filipino soup made with pork, fresh egg noodles, onion, cabbage, carrots, spices, and more. The recipe for this comfort food, that is appropriate for just about any meal, follows on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Let's talk about comfort food. Lomi is another Filipino favorite comfort food. The unique thing about it is that it's made of thick, fresh egg noodles and a thick, delicious soup. It is mostly served during afternoon snacks, breakfast or even almost all meal times.
- 600 g pork chopped into small cubes (you can also use chicken meat)
- 2 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pork bouillon cubes
- 2 liters water
- 1 kg fresh egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (optional)
- 400 g cabbage, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Tip: add spring onions, red bell pepper for additional flavor.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger. Then add the meat and bouillon cubes, salt and pepper. Cook until meat turns light brown.
- Add the carrots. Stir fry in a bit. Pour water then bring to a boil.
- Now, add noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in a cup or warm water and pour in the soup. However, this step is optional.
- You can also stir in beaten eggs. Also this step is optional.
- When the soup thickens, add the cabbage and simmer for one minute. If the soup has become too thick while the cabbage is still uncooked, add a little bit more water.
- Then it's ready to serve.