Magic Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This magical recipe combines all you need for dinner in one delicious package. It is made by stuffing flavorful vegetables, orzo and seasonings inside a chicken breast.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My imagination went wild thinking of how and what to stuff my chicken breasts with. So I decided to use everything I love the most. It came out fantastic! You have got to try it. My friend and I were just picking things out at the market and never imagined it would all fit.
- 2 large pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp Italian salad dressing for marinading
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large ripe vine tomato, sliced
- 1 small Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1/3 cup cut basil leaves
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves, trimmed
- 2 large garlic cloves, paper thin sliced
- 8 thin pieces of asparagus, trimmed
- a good sprinkle inside and out of salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Orzo (pasta)
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth, reserve 2 ladles of broth to use over the chicken during the last ten minutes of cooking
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a few leaves basil, chopped fine
- On a clean cutting board and a very sharp filet knife, take each breast of chicken on the thickest side, and start cutting through the middle evenly making a pocket. Open it as much as you can without splitting it. The more open you can get it the better.
- Put the 2 cut chicken breasts in a large ziploc bag with Italian salad dressing to marinade. Set aside while you prep. Preheat oven 375 F.
- Start prepping all the stuffing. Slice the tomato, slice the mozzarella ball, wash the handfuls of spinach, slice the garlic, and the onion. I par boiled the trimmed asparagus for 5 minutes" and let it cool. Cut the basil leaves.
- Have all your stuffing prep laid out on a large plate or platter. Take your chicken breasts and sprinkle inside and out with salt & pepper. Laying it on a platter, open the breasts, layer the onion, then tomato slices, a handful of basil, a handful of spinach leaves (pressing it firmly down), lay 4 asparagus spears across, followed by as much mozzarella slices as you want. Press firmly. Pull the chicken flap over the chicken carefully. Use toothpicks to secure it.
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs. Lay the stuffed chicken carefully into the egg. Instead of trying to turn the chicken, just spoon the egg over the chicken.
- In another bowl, you have your bread crumbs and grated cheese mixture. Carefully lift the chicken from one bowl to the next, and do the same, spoon the bread crumb mixture all over the chicken.
- Put the olive oil in your glass casserole dish. Carefully pick up your chicken and place in the dish. When both pieces are ready, bake in the oven at 375 F for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can make your chicken orzo side dish. Using a medium saucepan, pour the chicken broth in with the garlic powder, black pepper and basil. Bring to a boil and add the orzo. Bring to a boil, then lower to a medium simmer for 11 minutes. Cover and this will absorb the liquid. Reserve about a 1/2 cup of broth to pour over the chicken. This keep the chicken moist! Do this about 10 minutes before the stuffed chicken is done.
- Each breasts is enough to serve two people! Enjoy the amazing combinations of natural flavors!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.