PaperCrafts

Magnetic Bookmark for Your Journal

Vote for this contest contender!

Keep your spot in your journal or notebook with this cute monogram initial magnetic bookmark. I was able to make a bunch of monogram bookmarks for myself and friends. They was quick and easy to make because I had a scrapbook paper with letters that I could cut out. If you don't have paper with letters, you can decorate your bookmark with any scrapbook paper, recycled magazine pages, old catalogs, or use stickers, etc.

Total Time: 15 minutes

1. Cut initial and flower from scrapbook paper.
  2. For the bookmark, use a white strip of construction paper - the width measures the same amount of the initial letter. This measures 8" length by 1 1/4" width.
  3. I folded the strip of paper in half, making the bookmark 4". Draw a triangle and cut out.
  4. Determine how much of a tab you want your bookmark to have and then glue down the initial (on front) and flower (on back).
  5. I used a piece of leftover magnetic scrap from a magnet I ordered and cut it in half. Inside of the bookmark, I used double sided tape and secured the magnets so once closed both magnets stick to each other.
  6. Ready to use your bookmark for your journal/notebook!