Make Smoothies With Extra Ripe Fruit

Any time I have berries that are not pretty enough to serve or put on cereal or bananas that are over ripe, I make my own recipes for smoothies. My family loves them and they are soooo good for us on these hot dog days of Summer.

This morning, I put a over ripe banana in the blender with about six ounces of milk, you can also use soy milk, a couple ice cubes, a good size spoon of peanut butter, smooth or crunchie, added a few frozen blueberries which are in season right now in Texas, and so much less expensive than other times of the year.

I turned the blender on and, in less then a minute, had a great breakfast. Experiment and use whatever fruit you have on hand. I really love the peanut butter in there and it gives you some protein which will help you stay content until lunch!

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

🌻
🐛
📓