Make Your Own Cat Litter

How do you make clumping cat litter?

By andy anarchist from US

Answers:

Make Your Own Cat Litter

Sorry, but I don't think you're going to be able to find a recipe for clumping litter because the companies that manufacture it guard that info under lock and key. (10/24/2009)

By Deeli

Make Your Own Cat Litter

Try to find pine wood stove pellets. They break down into a powder when they get wet, the pine helps with odor, and they cost considerably less. I add them in with the clumping litter (3/4 litter to 1/4 pine) and find I'm using about 1/2 the litter I did before (7 cats, that's a lot of litter). You can use them as all litter, but it depends on the cats. We have one litter box all pellets and the others are mixed.

I try to stock up when I find them, (when we visit family in PA can always find them) as their availability can vary - I store them in empty litter containers. I've tried other wood stove pellets, but pine works best for odor control. (10/27/2009)

By Amy

Make Your Own Cat Litter

We own a bentonite clay mine and I know that one of the companies that buys the bentonite clay from us makes cat litter out of it. How, I don't know, but maybe you could google bentonite clay. (10/27/2009)

By Dena Roberts