Make Your Own Infused Oil

Experiments can always create anything. So I was at first thinking of making a scented candle. The problem is that essential oils were out of stock in the market so I had to make one. I searched for it on the internet and found some simple steps. All you need to know is the kind of carrier oil your going to use and its availability. I'm thankful to have discovered one kind of oil that's really easy for me to find.

1. Start boiling the water. Meanwhile, cut the leaves into small strips.
  2. When the water starts to boil, transfer the leaves into a heat resistant bowl and place it over the water.
  3. Then pour the oil over the leaves. Take note that you have to use enough oil. I found out that when the amount of herbs exceeds the volume of oil, it will be a disaster. Make sure to use more oil so the essence will be properly distributed.
  4. Ad

5. Wait for about 2-3 minutes, but do not overcook the leaves so that it won't lose the fresh essence of the herb.
  6. Remove from heat and pour into strainer.
  7. Transfer oil into a jar or bottle.

You are not making essential oil. Essential oils are diffused from the flowers or plants themselves.

They are pure, no carrier oil. You are making a carrier oil infused with natural plants/flowers. Big difference.

Thanks for the clarification, Deborah. I will adjust the title to be more accurate.