Make Your Own Unstuffed Dog Toys

Category Dog Toys
All dogs need to chew, especially youngsters. You can sew your own with repurposed fabric without adding the stuffing. This is a guide about how to make your own unstuffed dog toys.

My dogs like to play with toys, and yet they like to pull out the stuffing even more. As a result I have started to make their own unstuffed dog toys. I took an old fleece pajama pant and cut a good size off of the leg part. This gave me a length of material that was sewed together, but open at both ends.
I laid it out flat, right side in, and sewed through both layers to make a square shape. I left a two inch gap at the end so I could turn the toy back out, so the right side of the fabric would show. Then I sewed the little gap shut.

For my dog, at his age, a four year old Husky/Shepherd named Sammy, this will last a long time, since he just likes to carry them around and show them to me ;) This toy is one of his favorites next to a huge half-stuffed Easter Bunny from years ago.

I do watch them play with various toys so I know what their chewing styles are. I make them so they are too big to accidentally swallow. They are adorable and soft, and can be used to lay their heads on, when they want to.

1. Your Pet's Age
  2. Ad

3. Your Pet's Breed
  4. How and when did you get your pet?
  5. What does your pet like to do for fun?
  6. Do you have anything else to share about your pet?