Makeshift Lids for Pots and Pans

Not all pots are purchased with a lid and lids sometimes break. Get creative and you can improvise when a lid is needed. This is a guide about makeshift lids for pots and pans.

I made some soup the other day in an older pot that doesn't have a lid anymore. To simmer, I covered it with a glass pie tin. Then, I used it to keep the spoon on. I find the best inspirations in the funniest places!

Ingenious idea...a universal pot lid is available at Walmart. I had bought a large stock pot at a thrift store, it had no lid, while shopping at Walmart one day, I found a lid..but I like your ingenuity.

Thanks. Sometimes the most interesting things come from you just grabbing something that works!!

Sandi, I just love your suggestions - so down to earth - but practical. I have someone in mind to tell about this one.

We should all have such a "thinking" cap!

Oh what a sweet thing to say!! Thank you for this perk. I find that my thinking cap won't let me sleep sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way!!