Making Beaded Hair Sticks
Decorative hair sticks can help make a hair style elegant. This is a guide about making beaded hair sticks
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy craft suitable for gift-giving.
- 2 corsage pins (available at craft stores)
- 2 hair sticks with pin holes in the tops (available at bead stores)
- E-6000 adhesive (available at craft stores)
- assorted beads
- Place beads on corsage pins in a pleasing arrangement. Allow about 1/4 inch at the end of the pin for insertion into each hair stick.
- Dip the end of the pin in E-6000 adhesive. Be sure that adhesive is on the end of the pin--you don't need much.
- Stick the adhesive-end of the pin into the pinhole on the top of each hair stick.
- Allow hairsticks to dry overnight. (I usually prop them up in an empty spice bottle).
By Stephanie from Anchorage, AK
May 16, 20070 found this helpful
You can also use balsa craft dowels - available at craft stores - just run them through a pencil sharpener and then sand them smooth. A push-pin will help make the hole in the top. I color mine with ink pads, then seal them with wax before adding the beads. Chopsticks work also.