Making Candles Using Used Scentsy Wax
This project shows you how to make candles and Christmas ornaments from what might have been thrown away.
- melted wax from Scentsy warmers ($0)
- pretty containers, such as jars or round cardboard containers like Pringles cans ($0)
- pillar candles (cheap) or candle wicks ($1-2)
- red nail polish (again, cheap) ($3-4)
- ribbons or other decorations for Christmas balls ($0)
- Scentsy tabletop warmer burned-out light bulbs. They are perfectly round and the perfect size for Christmas balls. ($0)
- Pour old wax into container for candles, slowly and carefully. Put pillar candle or wick in center and hold until it's firmly in place.
- Every time you change the wax in a Scentsy, add more wax to your candle, which will create a multi-colored candle.
- When it reaches the size you want, slice off the pillar candle, remove the cardboard, if any, and start burning. (Observe regular rules for candle use.)
- For glass balls, paint the round, burned-out light bulbs from the Scentsy warmers with red nail polish. Wrap ribbon around the top, or whatever you like, add a hanger and let dry.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.