Super Stuffed Beef Burrito

Something my friends and family ask me to make all the time are my super stuffed burritos. I fill them with all the goodies and wrap them up really tight so nothing falls out. Follow my recipe and rolling technique to find out how I make these yummy burritos!

You can use any fillings you like, including different meats or vegetarian options. The ones in this recipe are just my go-to items. Some other things you might want to add are rice, lettuce, black beans, cabbage, etc.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 4 burritos

• 1 lb ground beef
  • 2 spring onions, chopped, greens separated
  • 1 Tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 medium/large tortillas
  • 16 oz refried beans, warmed
  • 1 cup cooked corn kernels
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
  • sour cream
  • salsa
  • 1 large avocado, cubed (or guacamole)
  • hot sauce, optional

1. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and white parts of spring onions.
  2. When meat is no longer pink, add tomato paste and taco seasoning. Stir well and cook a couple minutes.
  3. Stir in green parts of spring onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl.
  4. Carefully wipe out pan and place over low heat. Warm both sides of a tortilla. This should take about a minute for both sides.
  5. Shut off heat and transfer warm tortilla to a work surface. Think of the tortilla as both of the sides (left and right) being the two ends of the finished burrito. Now place a thin layer of refried beans on the lower half of the tortilla, leaving a bit of space on the bottom and sides.
  6. Add some corn and beef mixture, then press into the beans.
  7. Evenly spread on the rest of the toppings.
  8. Now fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla in.
  9. Fold the bottom edge up.
  10. Tuck your two middle fingers under the sides of the burrito, then place your index fingers on top. These fingers will make sure the ends of the tortilla stay in as they will try to flare out. Use your thumbs to lift the bottom of the burrito up on top of itself in a rolling motion until you get to the end. My burritos are so stuffed it only took one flip!
  11. The heavy weight of the burrito will keep it shut. If you like, you can add something sticky like refried beans or sour cream to the inner lip of the burrito to keep it sealed. Now repeat step #4 and on to make the rest of your burritos. Enjoy! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican BurritosNovember 7, 2020
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Super-Stuffed-Beef-Burrito-1.html