Making Candles from Leftover Wax

I love to reuse my old candles by melting the leftover waxs together to make a new candle, but as the wax is cooling with a wick in the center, the wax climbs the walls of the candle jar, leaving a big pit in the middle. This does not happen when there's no wick. Any ideas why this happens, and how to prevent it? Thanks in advance!

Hold on to the wick with one hand while you slowly pour the melted wax with the other. Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.

I have made candles for years, and this is common. I always save back a small amount of wax. After the candle hardens, then I remelt the part I saved back and fill in the wick well. I learned this when I took a class in candle making.

Crafts Candle MakingJanuary 13, 2017
🌻
📓
🎂