Making Cardboard Tube Crowns
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 27, 2018
Here's a cute and simple craft using the cardboard centers from toilet paper. Use gold spray paint and embellishments to turn this trash into treasure. These make cute toppers for gifts, but you can also add elastic strings to them so they can be worn on your head securely.
Total Time: 1 hour plus paint dry time
- cardboard tubes from toilet paper
- hot glue gun with glue
- lace trim
- gold spray paint
- jewel stickers
- hole puncher (optional), ice pick and be used with care
- elastic cord (optional)
- Cut the cardboard tubes in half.
- Cut triangles from the tops of the tube halves. Keep some of the triangle cut-outs.
- Go all the way around on all the crowns.
- To decorate, hot glue some lace trim all the way around the bottom of one crown.
- Glue on some of the reserved cut-out triangles to the bottom of another. Use your finger to curl them outward a bit.
- Spray paint all the crowns gold, making sure to cover all the decorations you just added. Allow to fully dry.
- Add jewel stickers on top after the paint has dried.
- If you'd like to use these as majestic party hats, punch a small hole on either side of the crowns.
- String with elastic cord, knotting it on the inside of the crown.
- Now, don't you feel royal?!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.