Making a Child's Crown

Category Hats
Kids love to dress up and princesses and kings are a favorite theme. Additionally, many parties have a theme that calls for a crown for the honoree or as favors. This is a guide about making a child's crown.

If you have a child who loves sports, this is a great project he or she can do in preparation for his or her birthday party--OR--if you like to do a craft at your parties, it's simple enough for a small group of kids to do so everyone can make their own party hat.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

1. Use the pencil to draw a wavy or pointed line across one long side of the poster board strip. This will be the top edge of the crown.
  2. Cut along the pencil line.
  3. Cut sport pictures out of old sport magazines or print and cut free sport clipart from the internet.
  4. Glue your pictures along the poster board strip.
  5. If desired, place glitter glue around all edges of the strip.
  6. When this is dry, fit the crown to the child's head and staple in place.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Does anyone have a pattern or set of instructions to make a child's crown (for dressing up, etc.)?

Thanks

Mary from UK

Answers

use a piece of A4 card or paper in metalic. Cut in half down the length of it and cut out triangle shapes on one side. Decorate with glitter or pom poms on the points, measure round the childs head and secure with tape.

If it were for an adult I would tell you how I made one for my Halloween costume last year, but since it's for a child/children, I think it would just be cheaper to go get one at the Dollar Tree. They have had them there before in the kid's toy section.

MIght as well glue some fake jewels on while you're at it?

For our first grade Sunday School tea parties, I go to the school supply store and get bulletin board board and cut and staple crowns for everyone!

Use a free crown from Burger King for a pattern. Trace it on metallic paper or sprinkle regualr paper with glitter. I see someone has mentioned jewels. They are good also.

Was it here that I saw the idea about making a crown with an egg carton? cutting out the carton into two strips, stapling to fit, and them spraying with metallic paint and decorating....I thought it was a great idea!