Making a Child's Crown

Category Hats
Kids love to dress up and princesses and kings are a favorite theme. Additionally, many parties have a theme that calls for a crown for the honoree or as favors. This is a page about making a child's crown.

This is an inexpensive and easy way to make a custom kid's crown with a paper plate. It is ideal for playing dress up at home, as a party hat, or to complete a Halloween costume! This concept would be fun for a kids' party for them to decorate their own hats, too!

Total Time: Varies

• paper plate
  • scissors
  • ribbon
  • string
  • pom poms
  • hot glue

1. Fold paper plate in half.
  2. Using scissors cut 3 slits as pictured.
  3. Then cut two more as pictured.
  4. Fold the triangle pieces up to resemble crown.
  5. Now the option is yours to customize your paper crown. You can decorate, or have your child decorate their crown. I used pom poms alternating between a pink and red pom pom, on the tip of the crown.
  6. For the bow, I went with this lady bug ribbon to match the red/pink theme. I cut a strip of ribbon. Fold over to resemble shape of bow.
  7. Pinch the center of the bow and using string secure with knot. Using remainder ribbon cover the center.
  8. Glue ribbon bow down to crown.

If you have a child who loves sports, this is a great project he or she can do in preparation for his or her birthday party--OR--if you like to do a craft at your parties, it's simple enough for a small group of kids to do so everyone can make their own party hat.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a pattern or set of instructions to make a child's crown (for dressing up, etc.)?

Thanks

Mary from UK

Answers

By claire b (Guest Post)

use a piece of A4 card or paper in metalic. Cut in half down the length of it and cut out triangle shapes on one side.

Decorate with glitter or pom poms on the points, measure round the childs head and secure with tape.

By Julia (Guest Post)

If it were for an adult I would tell you how I made one for my Halloween costume last year, but since it's for a child/children, I think it would just be cheaper to go get one at the Dollar Tree. They have had them there before in the kid's toy section.

MIght as well glue some fake jewels on while you're at it?

By sue (Guest Post)

For our first grade Sunday School tea parties, I go to the school supply store and get bulletin board board and cut and staple crowns for everyone!

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

Use a free crown from Burger King for a pattern. Trace it on metallic paper or sprinkle regualr paper with glitter.

I see someone has mentioned jewels. They are good also.

Was it here that I saw the idea about making a crown with an egg carton? cutting out the carton into two strips, stapling to fit, and them spraying with metallic paint and decorating....I thought it was a great idea!

Make a cute birthday crown for your little one. Everyone will love this DIY paper birthday crown.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Crafts For Kids HatsMarch 23, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓