DIY Paper Birthday Crown

Make a cute birthday crown for your little one. Everyone will love this DIY paper birthday crown.

Last year, I made a birthday crown for my little one's 1st birthday (Linked below).

Now she's turning 2 soon. I saved the hat, and just revamped it to look new this year.

Instead of felt, I used a "2" alpha punch out scrapbook page.

Then I glued the 2 down on white scrapbook paper so the 2 will pop up on the hat.

I also changed the ribbon to teal since our theme this year is shades of teal/blue. Now you have yourself a new hat. :)

Link: https://www.thriftyfun.com/Birthday-Crown.html

This is a trendy and cute birthday crown made with scrap supplies from home. This style birthday crown is going for $10-15 handmade online, but you can totally make it yourself in less than 20 minutes.

Total Time: 20 minutes

• paper
  • stapler
  • hairband
  • felt scraps
  • hot glue
  • ribbon
  • cutter or scissors

1. Determine the paper you want to use for your crown (outer) and height you would like the crown to be. The height for my crown is 4" inches. I cut off the excess paper and am now left with a rectangle. Optional: I also cut out a piece of pink paper for the (inner side) of the crown so it is more sturdy.
  2. Using a rotary cutter (or scissors) cut out triangles until your rectangle is complete.
  3. Fold the crown into a circle and secure with staples.
  4. Time to decorate the crown. Using leftover felt, I cut out a white long oval and free hand cut a pink number "1". I glued the "1" to the white felt.
  5. I glued the "1" onto the crown. For an extra girly touch, I added left over ribbon I had to the base of the crown.
  6. I used a headband as the crown strap because it is more comfortable than the thin generic party elastic. Secure the band with staples. Afterwards, you can still use the headband (just remove the staples).