Birthday Crown

This is a trendy and cute birthday crown made with scrap supplies from home. This style birthday crown is going for $10-15 handmade online, but you can totally make it yourself in less than 20 minutes.

Total Time: 20 minutes

1. Determine the paper you want to use for your crown (outer) and height you would like the crown to be. The height for my crown is 4" inches. I cut off the excess paper and am now left with a rectangle. Optional: I also cut out a piece of pink paper for the (inner side) of the crown so it is more sturdy.
  2. Using a rotary cutter (or scissors) cut out triangles until your rectangle is complete.
  3. Fold the crown into a circle and secure with staples.
  4. Time to decorate the crown. Using leftover felt, I cut out a white long oval and free hand cut a pink number "1". I glued the "1" to the white felt.
  5. I glued the "1" onto the crown. For an extra girly touch, I added left over ribbon I had to the base of the crown.
  6. I used a headband as the crown strap because it is more comfortable than the thin generic party elastic. Secure the band with staples. Afterwards, you can still use the headband (just remove the staples).