DIY Felt Birthday Crown
Make a cute felt birthday crown for your 1 year old child's birthday celebration. This is a guide about DIY felt birthday crown
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a project for a very easy and inexpensive do it yourself birthday crown for your child. This crown will be personalized to fit your child's head and not hurt your child's head like the party hats with an elastic chin band.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- hot glue gun
- Measure your child's head to determine how long the crown will need to be.
- You can freehand the crown on your felt directly, or if you do not feel comfortable you can use a piece of paper and sketch a crown out.
- I used two pieces of felt for the crown so the crown would be structured. I used a white piece and yellow piece (glued the two pieces together). Then, shape felt into a crown shape and you can, hot glue the ends together to form a crown (which is the method I used), use a small piece of elastic and hot glue to make the crown stretchable, or sew the back of the crown by hand.
- Then, to emphasize the "1" - child turning 1 years old, I cut out scrap felt and hot glued the number to the center of the crown.
- Optional - Add ribbon on the rim of the crown.