Making a Felt Crown Headband
Make a dress up crown by attaching a felt crown to a child's headband. Faux gems complete the regal look. This is a simple project for adding more fun attire to their dress up box.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I bought these headbands awhile ago for my daughter, but she doesn't wear them because they make her ears itchy. Instead of tossing these headbands out, we are making these as her dress up props. Here is a felt crown I made.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- hot glue
- faux kids jewel gemstones
- bobby pin
- Since these particular headbands make my daughter's ears itch, I wrapped a little bit of felt on each end so when she wears the headbands, they won't make her itch. Secure the felt with hot glue. This could also be a tip to fix headbands that are itchy, use the same felt color and it's not noticeable when her hair is down.
- Freehand and cut crown shape out.
- Hot glue faux jewel gemstones in the center of the crown.
- Bend felt into a circular shape to form the crown. It stays together by itself with a little help of a bobby pin. I clipped it to my daughter's hair, but you could also secure with hot glue to the headband for something permanent (like for a birthday hat). But I plan on making changeable hand band styles.