Making Chicken Roll Ups
A delicious dish can be chicken roll ups. Chicken breasts filled with cheese and a choice of foods may look as though they took a long time to make. Try these for an elegant dinner.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy, delicious dish that looks like you spent the day slaving over a fancy dinner. The presentation is worth it, and the taste is all worth waiting for!
Total Time: Prep time 25 minutes Cook time; 30 minutes Ready in 55 minutes
- 4-6 Perdue chicken breast filets, paper thin sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese, thick slices
- 6 slices imported boiled ham
- 16-24 spears fresh asparagus, thin
- 3 cloves garlic, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced & zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 -1/2 cup Italian panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups long grain white rice, cooked
- 1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Grease baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh basil, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add Panko crumbs, grated cheese, the dash of salt, dash of pepper, mix it up and set aside.
- Using a skillet, a few drops of olive oil. Heat up, add the asparagus and 3 cloves of garlic thin sliced. Cook just a few minutes until the garlic sizzles and the asparagus is coated with the aroma of garlic and olive oil.
- Take out of the pan with tongs, and put on paper towels to cool.
- On a flat dish, take one breast filet and lay it flat. Lay one piece of provolone cheese on top of chicken.
- Add one piece of ham, and 4 pieces of asparagus with little pieces of cooked garlic in the middle.
- Start rolling from the furthest back to you, rolling gently but tightly. When it gets closed, put a toothpick in the center.
- Roll this in the mayo mix first, get it good and coated.
- Then roll in the crumb mixture well.
- Place it in the casserole dish. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
- Serve over long grain white rice. Enjoy! :)
These are so good! Great for brunches or to have for an evening with friends. Another one I've found kids to like.Read More...
In a small bowl, crush stuffing mix. In medium bowl combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, and lemon pepper. Mix well. Stir in chicken and mushrooms. Set aside.Read More...