Making Crocheted Coasters
Coasters are such a nice project. Why? They are quick, fun, useful, and make great gifts. Did I mention they are thrifty? You can make quite a few of these babies from 1 small ball of cotton yarn. :) Have fun!
Total Time: Less than 20 minutes
- tiny amount of #4 cotton yarn
- "h" crochet hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 5, join in your first ch to make a ring.
- Ch 3, 11 dc in your ring, join to the top of your ch 3.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in the same space as your ch, 2 dc in each stitch around. Join to the top of your ch 3.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in the same space as your ch. *1 dc in the next stitch, 2 dc in the next stitch.* Repeat steps between ** until end of round. Join to your first ch 3.
- Ch 1, sc in the next 2 stitches. * 2 sc in the next stitch, 1 sc in each of the next 3 stitches.* Repeat steps between ** until end of round. Finish off and weave in your ends.
- This will give you a nice, basic coaster. These make great gifts. Whip up a few, tie with a ribbon and give as a hostess gift. Who doesn't need a coaster?
- You can easily make these more "manly" by using a nice brown or black yarn. Even men like handmade gifts. I also like making one and tucking it in a letter or greeting card with a bag of tea. Bottom line is, you don't have to spend much $ at all to be a gift giver. Have fun! :)
Even a beginner to crochet can make up these cute rug shaped coasters for their home or to give as gifts. This is a page about making crochet mug rugs.
This is a page about kitchen crochet trio (magnet, coasters, and hotbeds). Get out your cotton yarn and make up some useful crochet kitchen items for yourself or to give as gifts.
This is a page about making americana crocheted coasters. These adorable crocheted coasters are great to use any time of year.
This is a page about crocheted heart coasters. These cute coasters can be made with excess yarn and are perfect for your sweetheart.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.