Making Craft Projects with Scrabble Pieces
Those little white letter tiles from a Scrabble game can be used for making jewelry or personalized art. This is a page about making craft projects with Scrabble pieces.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
December 21, 2005
For the kid in all of us. Pick up a used Scrabble game at the thrift store and create a set of alphabet magnets to grace a fridge door!
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- a used Scrabble game
- magnets, smaller than a Scrabble tile, one for each tile (I prefer rare earth magnets as they are very strong and hold things tightly to the fridge)
- craft glue or super glue
- glue spreader or Q-tip
- a lid from a used plastic container (such as a yogurt container)
Read More Comments
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting glue on the table.
- Lay all your Scrabble tiles face down in front of you. Pour a small puddle of glue onto the plastic container lid. Spread a coat of glue on the back of a magnet and firmly press it against the back of a Scrabble tile. Hold until you can feel the magnet is starting to stick.
- Place aside to dry. I find craft glue works fine for this craft, but if your magnets are not sticking properly, you may need to try Super glue.
- Repeat step two for all your Scrabble tiles.
- Once all your tiles are completely dry, place them in a box and give to any of the 'kids' on your Christmas list, young or old. If the original game box is still in good shape, fill it with some tissue paper and set the tiles inside for a truly unique presentation.
This page is about decoupage Scrabble tile earrings.The square wood pieces of a Scrabble game can be reused in a variety of craft projects. Decoupage special images to them to create unique earrings.
If you have an old Scrabble game that has lost too many pieces to be functional as a game, you can still use it for unique and creative art crafts. This is a page about scrabble wall art.
This is a page about making a Scrabble tile Christmas ornament. Tiles from old Scrabble games are great for making various crafts, from jewelry to Christmas ornaments.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.