Making Scrabble Wall Art
If you have an old Scrabble game that has lost too many pieces to be functional as a game, you can still use it for unique and creative art crafts. This is a page about scrabble wall art
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a fun craft that can be just as much fun for the "giver" as the "receiver". We chose family and pets. Enjoy creating a gift that won't end up being returned!
- enough 3 step molding for a frame
- 2 Scrabble games
- 1 can textured spray paint
- Titebond Ultimate III
- white glue
- Make frame by laying Scrabble board on the inner most "step" of the 3 step molding.
- When frame is made, paint. We used the textured Valspar in the picture. It is "thriftier" at Lowe's than a craft store. We found the frame will require two coats.
- When dry, glue Scrabble board to the inner most step of the three step molding. We used Titebond Ultimate III.
- Place tiles. I would suggest taking a picture before beginning to glue on. We used a white glue (with the orange tip) to afix the tiles to the board.
- On the second step of your 3 step molding, place your top and bottom titles using the white glue.