Making Fall Decorated Tea Light Jars

Category Autumn
Mason jars, fall decorative items, and battery operated tea lights are the basic supplies need to make your own version of these fall decorated tea light jars.

I made these last year at Christmas, and thought I would try making them for the Fall Festival. I am on a committee. These came out surprisingly beautiful using fall colors and decorations! They are very inexpensive to make, but look so chic!

• newspaper to cover work area, optional
  • disposable plastic gloves
  • Mason Jar (remove the lid) I save the lids for future crafting
  • Modge Podge
  • medium size paint brush
  • glitter (I used orange)
  • At the Dollar Store; I bought bunches of sprays of fall leaves, flowers, and gourds
  • glue gun and lots of glue sticks
  • battery operated tea lights
  • pumpkin spice potpourri
  • cut cornstalks
  • small fan for drying Mod Podge, optional

1. Start by covering your space with newspaper.
  2. I lay out all my supplies in the order I am going to use them.
  3. Start by wearing plastic disposable gloves, hold the jar in one hand by putting your hand in the jar so you can turn it easily.
  4. Advertisement

5. Start with your paint brush and a capful of Modge Podge. There is no fancy, special way to apply. You just dip the brush and cover the outside of the jar all over, not the rim.
  6. Now, while wet, sprinkle lightly with the glitter. In order for this to dry fast, I set up a small fan and it dries in 5 minutes.
  7. Now you are ready to decorate! Start with leaves first. You are hot gluing everything now onto the jar. You don't want to completely cover every space, you want some small spaces for light to shine through. Put the leaves on in different colors and shapes and turning them different ways. Next, you can apply the decorated fall beads, then add only about 3-4 pieces of gourds.
  8. When done decorating, it's time for a bow! Choose a nice fall plaid or colors. Apply a dab of modge podge around the outside rim, wrap the ribbon around the jar and leave enough to make a nice bow. Tie your knot tight then make your bow.
  9. I put a sprinkle of potpourri (pumpkin spice) into the jar and a handful of cornstalks then add my tea light (s). These are much easier than they sound. Very simple elegant fall craft and decoration for your home!

Very pretty! And adaptable for any holiday or occasion!
Great job!

Thank you so very much for your compliments! I did these last year and Christmassy ones come out beautiful. And the best thing of all is; Everything is from The Dollar Store! And that they are so easy & fun to make. When you put the battery tea light in, it glows so nicely!! Let me know if you try making them. I would love your feedback...

Jackie :)

Crafts AutumnOctober 3, 2019
🎃