Making a Fall Themed Kitchen Tea Invitation
Creating your own invitations to a tea party is a fun way to make the occasion even more special. Choosing a theme for the card adds to the overall concept, such as for a brunch or dessert tea. This is a page about making a fall themed kitchen tea invitation
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have a pack of napkins that was left over after a garden party. I decided to turn them into invitations for a kitchen tea. The kitchen tea was a brunch, so the mushrooms printed on the napkins were ideal for the occasion.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: one invitation
- 8.2 x 5.6 in white cardstock
- 5.4 x 3.7 in orange marbled paper
- fall themed napkin ~ in this case, napkins with printed pictures of mushrooms were used
- 15mm wide cream-with-golden-polka-dots washi tape
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Giotto décor opaque metal pens: bronze and gold
- standard scissors
- Score the 8.2" x 5.6" to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the orange marbled paper to the front of the card.
- Cut different mushroom pictures from the napkin. Remove the bottom napkin layers before gluing the napkin pictures to the card to make a collage. Note: Add glue to all areas of the napkin to glue it down completely.
- Cut a strip of washi tape to add to the top of the card. Fold it in half and affix it over the fold of the card. Cut off any protruding edges. Repeat with the left, right, and bottom sides of the card.
- Use the metal pens to add detail to the areas not covered by the pictures ~ add dots with the bronze pen and small squiggles with the gold pen.