Saying Yes to a Prom Invitation

Category Prom
It has become the norm to use creative ways to invite someone to school dances, including prom. A cute or unique invitation warrants a creative response. This is a guide about saying yes to a prom invitation.

I got a simple card from a guy in school asking me for prom with a kitten on it saying does ... have a prom date? What should I say?

By Mysterious

Answers

Best Answer

Well, you have many answer possibilities. If it were me, I would reply in person:
Yes, I would love to go with you,
No, I have a date,
No, I am not going to the Prom.
Or any other answer that you feel is appropriate in the situation.
It is important here to be truthful and kind.

I was asked to prom and I don't know how to answer him back. He asked me by placing a stuffed dog that he made look like a bunny with a carrot and a little saying on my porch one night. Then he gave me a carrot at each class period with letters carved into them to spell his name (the next day).

Well I had one idea to get a carrot cake with an icing carrot on the top with a saying "cut the carrot, of course I would go to prom with you", any other ideas?

By BAM!

Answers

Tell him to stop beating around the bush, to say what he wants to! Good luck.

I' m a teenager also. I kinda feel your pain. Is there snow where you live? If there is just spell something out with little carrots in his yard!

How creative! Use carrots to spell yes and take a photo to send by Twitter or Facebook, whatever you both use. However, I like the idea of a carrot cake and make it homemade! Sounds like he's a keeper! Good luck and enjoy the prom.

Anonymous

I also say you're idea is creative and definitely use carrots somehow to spell out yes :-) What a sweet, clever and romantic young man! He must like you a lot! Enjoy the prom and post a picture for us of you two from the event :-) Oh! If you can pull off wearing orange, wear an orange dress or at least an orange sash or try to find a little carrot pin to place somewhere on your dress and maybe two to pin one on him!

What a nice sounding and clever fellow. If you stick with the carrot cake idea, why not say something like; "You are 24 karat! Would love to go!" All of the others ideas are nice also. You can take orange bakeable clay and fashion a carrot with green top and bake it. Make a tie tack or lapel pin to give him something special to wear.

Anonymous

OMG! Banty's "You are 24 karat! Would love to go!". Idea is excellent!

If he's going through all this trouble, he REALLY likes you! Just say yes, instead of leaving him hanging, or he might think you're not interested and ask someone else.

Thanks for all your help guys I ended up doing what I said. I got my dress its amazing. Prom is this Saturday :) I'll be sure to post a pic. Thanks a ton.

So yesterday the guy that I have a thing with asked me to my sophomore prom! I am so so excited, but I need a cute way to say yes. He asked me by making sure I was golfing right behind him and his friend at high school golf practice and he left me cute notes in the holes at the golf course! Finally, I got all the notes and put them together. "After a couple great drives, after hitting the green with your irons, and after sinking that putt, will you make it to prom with me?" Cutest thing ever. I want my way of answering to be cute too! Any good ideas?

By Airr

Answers

Best Answer

Make a little "booklet" with these words on the front cover: "15 (or whatever number you want) Reasons to Go to the Prom With You"
Inside, write an "answer" on each page:
I want to
I want to
I want to
etc.
OR,
write a different answer on each page:
I want to
I'm excited
Can't wait
Lookin' forward to it so much
You're so sweet to ask me
etc.
Leave the booklet where he'll be sure to find it.

So my boyfriend asked me to prom the other day and I want to say yes in a cute way, even though he knows I'im going to say yes. I was thinking about playing a joke on him and somehow saying no first and then saying yes, but idk.

He asked me by putting little notes all over the walls leading up to my bedroom and then in my bedroom, he decorated the place with my favorite colors. There were also flowers and a little note that said "I will love you till the last rose dies". And that works because one of the roses was fake. There was also a huge poster saying "Prom?".

I just wanna be a cute girlfriend and make it interesting. He's a funny guy and he can handle a good joke. If you have any ideas please Help me and let me know! Thanks:)

By Katie B.

Answers

Replace the fake rose with a dead rose and give it to him with a note "well, what should I do now?"

Do not play a trick on him by saying no, then saying yes. This tactic could really ruin your relationship. Maybe instead of trying to be cute, just be sincere and let him know how awesome you think his way of asking you to the prom was and that you are thrilled to go with him.

Why don't you make up a cute invitation style response by making it like a formal invitation to a wedding?

Something like Miss Katie (insert middle name) B. The daughter of Mr and Mrs. so n so sincerely accepts the invitation to the prom with Mr (his name) on so n so date. Please be sure to pick her up at so n so hour and have her home by so n so hour (if you have a curfew). Draw hearts and make it a love scene. Be sure to mail it. You'll have him eating out of your hand.

No! Definitely don't play any kind of joke on him! Never do anything that could raise the slightest doubt in his mind! Accept, and thank him in a pleasant, sincere way.

How about printing off hundreds of "yes"es, then punching them out in heart and lip shapes; you can make a trail with them that he frequents - bet he'll know they're from you!

Anonymous

Get a plain white T-shirt and, using all different colors of washable markers, write different answers such as: "I'd love to," "no," "Let's do this," "No way," "Dream guy," "Not in your life," etc. Throw a bunch of question marks on there, too. Then, with a permanent marker write a "yes" in the mix. Leave a trail of question marks in his car, and then in his house leading to the washing machine where a box of Tide is waiting. Have a note there beside it to wash the T-shirt. Only the "yes" in permanent marker will remain.

Do you have any clever ideas on how to answer a guy that has asked you to the jr. prom?

Answers

For girl's choice dances, I have been answered in a few cute ways...
One boy simply made me 3 cupcakes that said Y-E-S and had them delivered to me at school! So simple and "sweet" (;

An idea I loved from another guy was to get tons of tootsie rolls. Unroll one or two and write your answer on the inside of the wrapper. Re-wrap the tootsie roll(s) and mix them back with the rest! I had to eat so many tootsie rolls to find my answer! (:
Now I just need a cute way to answer my man to prom! (:

So my boyfriend asked me to prom by putting a path of Hersey kisses with roses from my front door to my room and a poster at the end that said I would kiss the floor you walk on if you would go to prom with me? And I wanna answer in a cute way how do I do it?

By nanaybernal17

Do you have any clever ideas on how to answer a guy that has asked you to the junior prom?

Answers:

How to Answer a Guy Who Has Asked You To Prom

Well I'm going to say that with the frequency that young girls have been coming to this site stressed out about how to ask a guy to the dance - the most clever way to answer him would be YES! And quickly before he asks someone else. Have fun, be safe. (02/28/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Hi,
I agree with Suzanne. This poor guy just wants to know if you will go to the dance with him. I doubt that he needs any clever answer, just a simple, "Yes I'd love to" or "No, thanks for asking but . . ." I'm sure he's just as nervous as you are and deserves a prompt answer.

That's my 2 Cents.
Susan from ThriftyFun (02/28/2005)

By ThriftyFun

What's wrong with "Yes" or "No?" Why do you need to be clever about it? You'll go further in the dating world if you are down-to-earth and honest in your relationships. Start now. (02/28/2005)

By Mary

Here's the problem: Asking and answering has become part of the prom/dance ritual. So, when a kid asks the question -- they're seeking ideas, not your opinion. We made fortune cookies that said yes in a variety of ways: absolutely! you betcha! I'd love to... etc. (03/15/2005)

By mumsie

Ok, well, I'd have to say I disagree with just saying, "yes." If they spend time and money to ask you creatively, you should do the same, but as quickly as possible. You could leave little hints in his classes, and have your answer (if it's a yes), announced over the intercom. Each time a guy has asked me, I know they expect me to also put some effort into it. (04/22/2005)

By Brittany

No, you can't just say 'yes.' If a guy asks you to prom creatively, and you wait to answer because you're going to do it creatively, he understands that the answer is yes. If the answer was no, you would tell him right away. So it's not like the guy is really dying to know the answer. And about the whole 'down to earth' thing in relationships, yeah that's great and true and all, but this is a special thing you do just for high school dances, it's not like we're gonna be this ridiculous forever. Have fun, be creative, he expects it, believe me! (05/01/2006)

By Janie

Well for my Jr. Prom this year, one of my best friends asked me (with a home-made mission impossible DVD!) so I went to his car while he was at basketball practice and I wrote "Uhh..DUH!" backwards on the outside so that he could read it when he was sitting in the driver's seat. And for Sr Prom just a few days ago, this guy asked me so I got a piece of plywood and wrote: "Going to prom with you wood rock! I'd love to!" And there was a chunk of wood where the word "wood" is and a rock where that word is. Cheesy, I know, but I know that he was happy. (03/28/2007)

By Eponine

If you see the question, it clearly states: "Do you have any clever ideas on how to answer a guy that has asked you to the jr. prom?" SO OBVIOUSLY, girls don't want your "just say yes" opinion. Let the girl get some ideas!

I think a cute idea is to send him a text that says "I'll go to prom with you when pigs fly" during school. Then, later send him some pink balloons that have piggy faces drawn on them, and a glued on paper tail. If you can get creative with this one, it can turn out really cute. (04/15/2007)

I answered this guy by leaving a trail of army men to his room. When he got there, there was a sign saying "it would take an army to hold me back from going to the dance with you." Then I put army men all over his room so he pretty much had nowhere to walk. He laughed so hard and he loved it! (09/01/2007)

By Rylee

If you're planning on saying yes, fill his room or car with pink balloons and feathers and say "it would tickle me pink to go to the dance with you!" (09/05/2007)

By Jenna

How I got asked to homecoming

I had been crushing on this kid for a long time and he knew it, so he called my mom and asked her if it would be ok if he asked me to homecoming. So he took the little Hershey kisses and took them from my back door to my bathroom, and then hung roses from my shower head, and then had a path of roses to my bedroom saying "now that I have kissed the ground you walk on and showered you with roses, will you go to homecoming with me?"

And so to answer him I asked his dad's permission and took a glow stick and broke it open and wrote on his wall "of course I would love to go with you." It was cute and short. (10/16/2007)

By Ashlee

Well, the thing with answering a guy, if he asks you with a clever way, you should answer him back with a clever way too. Besides, with dances you're supposed to have some fun with it. The way he asks and answers just shows a lot about his personality. A cute way I got answered was he had 3 little pumpkins filled with melted chocolate and skittles. It was gross, but funny. I searched through all the pumpkins. I found one skittle that said yes, and it was wrapped with tape so it wouldn't be messed up. I thought it was hilarious! (10/24/2007)

By SheaBear

Get a bag of Swedish fish and put it on his door step with a note that says "out of all the fish in the sea, thanks for choosing me!" :) (04/06/2008)

By noone

These are great ideas! Answering and asking to dances is so much fun and it is great to be able to use creativity! (04/06/2008)

By Emily V.

I agree that the whole asking/answering process really depends on your relationship with the guy. As for how long you should wait before you answer, consider his personality and how you think he'll react. My friend just asked me to prom a week or so ago.

We were going to play Rock band at my house and when he came in he handed me a rose attached to a set of drumsticks with a note wrapped around one of the drumsticks saying "we'd have a rockin' time if you'd go to prom with me?" our mutual friend knew all about it so she's helping me answer him back.

We went out and bought a bunch of guitar picks and wrote on each one a different word saying something to the effect of "Austin, go check out your room! Seriously...hurry! It's intense. Go!" and stuff like that. Then we had each pick delivered to him either in his classes at school or by his friends, etc.

When he got home there was nothing in his room but we'd planted one final pick that said "yes" under the mouse of his computer (since we figured he'd come to text one of us from his computer since he doesn't have a phone). Funny part was that he asked me two weeks before spring break and we waited till after spring break to answer him. It just depends. (04/13/2008)

By .*-{AqUaMaN}-*.

So, my boyfriend asked me in the CUTEST way possible. He had this cute little boy come to the door all dressed up in a tux and holding a ton of roses. The little boy handed me the roses and a note that said "Someone wants to go to Homecoming with you! Look in the roses to find out who it is!" And there was a ribbon tied around the roses and his name was on it. :) You could do that but instead, on the note say something like "Look in the roses to find the answer!" And say yes on the ribbon or something. (09/05/2008)

By angel_peaches23

So, this guy asked me by putting roses all over my driveway and drew his outline on my porch and drew a gravestone that said I would die in a bed of roses if you would go to the dance with me. So I got a bunch of rose petals and spread them all over his bed and made a cute gravestone out of poster board and it said RIP here lies ______ who died in a bed of roses because _______ said YES! It's fun to correspond with how they asked! (09/07/2008)

By roxy