Making Faux Firecrackers

On pinterest, I found someone who had covered long boxes to look like firecrackers. Well, I found 4 very unigue cylindrical things that I thought looked more like firecrackers, so I went for it! I hope you like them.

Total Time: About 2 Hourse

Yield: 4

Source: Saw square ones on Pinterest, decided to make mine round.

• 4 pieces of scrap booking paper
  • scissors
  • tape
  • 1 sheet of adhesive cork
  • 2 pipe cleaners
  • 1 drink container
  • 1 hairspray bottle
  • 1 tube from plastic bag roll
  • 1 small spray adhesive can
  • assorted buttons, optional

1. You will need cylindrical items, that are completely straight up and down. I found four just like what I needed. They were a drink container, a hair spray can, a tube from a roll of plastic bags, and a small spray adhesive can.
  2. Once you find your "fire crackers", determine what papers you want them to be covered with. Of course, you want some sort of red, white, and blue. I love Americana colors of burgundy, tan, and navy. I got as close to them as I could.
  3. Advertisement

4. I wanted these to be another temporary craft, so I taped instead of glued the papers to the cylinders.
  5. I taped the papers to the ones I wanted to embellish. The papers go right up to the top, making my decision to use a straight form a good one.
  6. With the cylinders covered, I had to cover the tops. I found an amazing product that Dollar Tree puts out. It's a layer of thin cork, with adhesive on the back. I cut the sizes I needed.
  7. Advertisement

8. Then, because I couldn't find my hole puncher, I made a slit in each, and made a small hole for the "fuse".
  9. I put the fuse (pipe cleaner) inside the hole, pressing the little bend to it and put it on the top. It worked great. Then I embellished with the stars and buttons.
  10. The finished product shows the stars all had buttons on them, but I forgot to shoot that step. I also added some alternate colors of paper to each one, but sadly, forgot that part too. When I displayed this, I used a plastic star and beads to showcase it all N-JOY!!
  11. Advertisement

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Fourth of JulyAugust 5, 2020
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Faux-Firecrackers.html