Making Faux Firecrackers
On pinterest, I found someone who had covered long boxes to look like firecrackers. Well, I found 4 very unigue cylindrical things that I thought looked more like firecrackers, so I went for it! I hope you like them.
Total Time: About 2 Hourse
Source: Saw square ones on Pinterest, decided to make mine round.
- 4 pieces of scrap booking paper
- 1 sheet of adhesive cork
- 2 pipe cleaners
- 1 drink container
- 1 hairspray bottle
- 1 tube from plastic bag roll
- 1 small spray adhesive can
- assorted buttons, optional
- You will need cylindrical items, that are completely straight up and down. I found four just like what I needed. They were a drink container, a hair spray can, a tube from a roll of plastic bags, and a small spray adhesive can.
- Once you find your "fire crackers", determine what papers you want them to be covered with. Of course, you want some sort of red, white, and blue. I love Americana colors of burgundy, tan, and navy. I got as close to them as I could.
- I wanted these to be another temporary craft, so I taped instead of glued the papers to the cylinders.
- I taped the papers to the ones I wanted to embellish. The papers go right up to the top, making my decision to use a straight form a good one.
- With the cylinders covered, I had to cover the tops. I found an amazing product that Dollar Tree puts out. It's a layer of thin cork, with adhesive on the back. I cut the sizes I needed.
- Then, because I couldn't find my hole puncher, I made a slit in each, and made a small hole for the "fuse".
- I put the fuse (pipe cleaner) inside the hole, pressing the little bend to it and put it on the top. It worked great. Then I embellished with the stars and buttons.
- The finished product shows the stars all had buttons on them, but I forgot to shoot that step. I also added some alternate colors of paper to each one, but sadly, forgot that part too. When I displayed this, I used a plastic star and beads to showcase it all N-JOY!!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.