Making Fleece Mittens
A simple, inexpensive sewing craft that can make a fun gift and help keep someone special warm. This guide is about making fleece mittens
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Easy holiday craft project. Make mittens from scraps of fleece and bead simple snowflakes on them. You can see the mittens to the right of the scarf.
- pattern paper (tissue paper works well also)
- scrap(s) of fleece
- sparkly beads
- glue gun
- Draw an outline of your hand on the pattern paper.
- Draw the cutting line by adding 3/8 inch around the pattern for the seam.
- Cut 4 pieces.
- Arrange beads on 2 of the mitten pieces, making sure you've got one for each hand.
- Glue the arranged beads on the mitten pieces.
- Sew the backs on the mittens by putting the front and back together inside out, sewing a 3/8 inch seam and turning right side out - or - you can keep the pieces as you would wear them and sew with a blanket stitch, eliminating the need to get out your machine and do that nasty turning back to the right side.
- The result - soft, toasty warm mittens with a little bit of sparkle to brighten those cold winter days.
Also see: Beaded Snowflake Scarf