Making Kids' Toy Rattle Drums
Learn how to make toy rattle drums, in two versions, from jar lids and paper ribbon spools. They are easy and fun to make and more fun to play with.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The kids are enjoying music right now. Here is a rattle toy drum (twist straw to play) - we made this in two versions - one with a metal jar cap and one with a ribbon cardboard roll.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- metal cap
- ribbon cardboard roll
- hot glue
- wood beads
- construction paper/glittery paper
Metal Rattle Drum Version
- Cut 2 pieces of ribbon and hot glue the ends on the inside of the jar cap (horizontally).
- On each side - thread on a bead and knot.
- Hot glue a straw in the center of jar lid bottom. (You can use a chopstick if you'd like.)
- Trace around the jar lid onto a piece of construction paper/glittery paper and cut it a bit smaller/adjust to fit inside of the cap. Then glue into place.
Paper Ribbon Spool Rattle Drum Version
- Here you will use the paper ribbon roll. Repeat using the same concept as with the metal rattle drum version. To decorate trace onto construction paper/glittery paper and glue a circle to one side of the ribbon spool.
- Hot glue a straw at the bottom. Then, hot glue ribbons to the sides. Thread beads in place and secure with a knot. Then, they are ready to play with!
CommentsRead More Comments