Making Kids' Toy Rattle Drums
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 24, 2019
The kids are enjoying music right now. Here is a rattle toy drum (twist straw to play) - we made this in two versions - one with a metal jar cap and one with a ribbon cardboard roll.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- metal cap
- ribbon cardboard roll
- hot glue
- wood beads
- construction paper/glittery paper
Metal Rattle Drum Version
- Cut 2 pieces of ribbon and hot glue the ends on the inside of the jar cap (horizontally).
- On each side - thread on a bead and knot.
- Hot glue a straw in the center of jar lid bottom. (You can use a chopstick if you'd like.)
- Trace around the jar lid onto a piece of construction paper/glittery paper and cut it a bit smaller/adjust to fit inside of the cap. Then glue into place.
Paper Ribbon Spool Rattle Drum Version
- Here you will use the paper ribbon roll. Repeat using the same concept as with the metal rattle drum version. To decorate trace onto construction paper/glittery paper and glue a circle to one side of the ribbon spool.
- Hot glue a straw at the bottom. Then, hot glue ribbons to the sides. Thread beads in place and secure with a knot. Then, they are ready to play with!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.