Making Loose Leaf Herbal Tea

Category Tea
Select herbs from your garden or purchase fresh ones to prepare your own loose leaf herbal teas. Clean the leaves, cut, and dry. Now you can have a relaxing cup of tea before bed or anytime.

I adore loose leaf tea. Most of the relaxation teas I drink at night, my family and I grow and make from scratch. This way, we handle what's going in it, and save tons of money. Here, we've made a big batch of tea leaves from a lemon verbena plant. This tea is excellent for digestion, anxiety issues, and insomnia. I love its mild lemon flavour and scent. This is also a great addition to your homemade potpourri.

• several bunches of leaves
  • large basket
  • dehydrator (optional)

1. Hold a stem so the leaves are hanging down. Pull off each leaf.
  2. Advertisement

3. Wash the leaves a few times over in a large amount of water. This will get rid of any dirt, dust, and insects.
  4. You can lay them out in a big basket in the sun on a warm day, or inside your house in a warm area. Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator. The faster they dry, the better, as not to achieve any mold.
  5. Your tea leaves are ready when they are brittle and snap easily. Heat 2 cups of water so it's almost boiling. Using fully boiled water will over-steep the leaves and give off a weird taste. Grab a handful of leaves and give them a quick water rinse. Steep in hot water for 5 minutes. Deliciously soothing!
  6. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages TeaMarch 4, 2020
🌻
👒
😷
🐛
🐰