TeaBeverages

Making Loose Leaf Herbal Tea

Vote for this contest contender!

I adore loose leaf tea. Most of the relaxation teas I drink at night, my family and I grow and make from scratch. This way, we handle what's going in it, and save tons of money. Here, we've made a big batch of tea leaves from a lemon verbena plant. This tea is excellent for digestion, anxiety issues, and insomnia. I love its mild lemon flavour and scent. This is also a great addition to your homemade potpourri.

1. Hold a stem so the leaves are hanging down. Pull off each leaf.
  2. Wash the leaves a few times over in a large amount of water. This will get rid of any dirt, dust, and insects.
  3. You can lay them out in a big basket in the sun on a warm day, or inside your house in a warm area. Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator. The faster they dry, the better, as not to achieve any mold.
  4. Your tea leaves are ready when they are brittle and snap easily. Heat 2 cups of water so it's almost boiling. Using fully boiled water will over-steep the leaves and give off a weird taste. Grab a handful of leaves and give them a quick water rinse. Steep in hot water for 5 minutes. Deliciously soothing!