Making Paper Plate Flower Baskets
A fun paper craft to make with the kids. This guide is about making paper plate flower baskets
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great summer craft to keep the kids busy for a while. All you need are some paper plates, colored paper, chenille stems (pipe cleaners), scissors, and glue.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- 2 paper plates
- colored paper (at least 3 different colors)
- chenille stems
- Cut out flower and leaf designs from colored paper. You can usually find flower patterns on the Internet.
- Bend petals up slightly to give them some depth.
- Assemble flowers by layering smaller pieces over larger ones.
- Use a small dot of glue in the center of each piece to secure.
- Glue chenille stems to the back of the flowers for the flower stems.
- Cut stems to various lengths.
- Make a basket by cutting a paper plate in half.
- Glue half of the plate to a full paper plate, right sides together, to form a pocket. (Refer to photo)
- Glue pipe cleaner flowers to the inside of the pocket.
- Randomly glue on leaves.
- Punch a hole in the top of the basket and tie a string or piece of yarn through it for hanging.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
In This Guide