How to Make an Inexpensive Ribbon Wreath

Category Walls
What could be more frugal than making an attractive wreath with a paper plate and some ribbon. Make several for different seasons or occasions. This is a page about how to make an inexpensive ribbon wreath.

This very simple wreath can be done in a matter of minutes. You only need a foam wreath, ribbon, and 1 straight pin. Because it is not glued, your wreath can be changed out for different looks and the ribbon can be saved for other projects, keeping this project very thrifty.

Total Time: 15 min.

Yield: 1

• foam wreath
  • ribbon
  • straight pin
  • scissors
  • tape measure

1. Wrap your wreath until it is fully covered.
  2. Secure end to end with a straight pin.
  3. Next, take your ribbon and cut into 16 inch strips.
  4. Advertisement

5. The strips of ribbon are tied and knotted around the wreath, turning the loose ends, inward and outward. Tie as many as you like.
  6. Lastly take a much longer stripe of ribbon and make a loop at the top to use as a hanger and add a decorative bow. This is a great look and can be reused by changing up the colors for all occasions.

Can you believe this wreath was made with just a paper plate, ribbon and some spare floral decor I had?

I made this wreath for my desk at work - it is very simple and actually could be hung throughout the year. I like the pale green and blue accents because it matches my office theme. You can change the ribbon according to the season if you would like and alternative floral designs accordingly.

Total Time: 10-15 minutes

• paper plate
  • tape or glue
  • flowers or some sort of decorations

1. At our Thanksgiving work potluck, we had these very durable plates and immediately I knew they'll be great for making a wreath! Using a pen or pencil, I drew a circle so it would be easy for me to follow the line to cut. Using scissors follow the line and cut.
  2. Using any ribbon of your choice, wrap your ribbon around the plate to create your wreath. I used this beautiful pale green iridescent dot satin ribbon I purchased on clearance for $1.97 at my local craft store. I taped the ribbon down to the paper plate and wrapped all around. As reference: 3 yard ribbon roll was enough for this 10.5" wreath, with about 5" to spare. Since you could interchange the ribbon in the future and reuse the ribbon, I just taped the excess on the back.
  3. You can leave your wreath simple, as is, but I have teal accents on my desk and I like the teal theme, so I used some floral embellishments and taped them with masking tape as an accent. I love how this wreath can be hung with the floral designs at any angle and still look simple + nice.
Crafts Home Decor WallsAugust 1, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂