Making Paper Plate Suncatchers

A delightful craft to try with your children is to make some beautiful paper plate suncatchers. This is a guide about making paper plate suncatchers.

Rebecca Lanham1 found this helpful

You and children of any age can make these simple suncatchers with just some mini paper plates, tissue paper, clear contact paper, scissors, a hole punch and yarn.

Items Needed:

Optional Items:

Instructions:

1. Give each child a mini paper plate.
  2. Cut out the center circle on the paper plate with the scissors. (If the children have safety scissors, the centers of the plates can be cut out before step 1.)
  3. Give each child several sheets of tissue paper. Have them cut the tissue into small pieces.
  4. Cover the hole in the center of the paper plate with contact paper.
  5. Cover the sticky surface of the contact paper with tissue paper pieces.
  6. Ad

7. Cover the tissue paper with a second piece of contact paper.
  8. Make a hole with the hole punch in the paper plate.
  9. Tie the yarn through the hole so the suncatcher can be hung on a window.
  10. Optional: Decorate the white plate around the edge with crayons, markers, glue and glitter or stickers.

A very simple craft for even the youngest child.

By IMAQT1962 (Guest Post)

I LOVE IT !!!!

this would be a great project for mother's day!! my mom would just love this from her grandson!!

You can also make the center hole other shapes besides a circle. My son did something very similar in school only the center of his was a heart.

His teacher then put a small picture of him in the center of the heart before putting the final piece of contact paper over the top. Very cute. It hangs in the window by my kitchen sink.

By sheri darling (Guest Post)

Wow, this is a great, simple and inexpensive craft! I plan on doing this craft with my Grandchildren on Easter Sunday after church. I might cut the shape in the middle as a cross. Thank you for boosting my creativity!