Making Paper Tea Light Shades
Using colored paper you can make pretty tea light shades to decorate for a party or to simply dress up a room. This is a page about making paper tea light shades
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These beautiful light shades will give a beautiful fairy grotto feel to a springtime buffet.
Use electric tea lights rather than real candles so there is no danger of the paper catching on fire.
- A5 coloured paper
- thumb tack/drawing pin
- a chopping board, corrugated card, or polystyrene tile
- double sided sticky tape
- electric tea light
- Draw a simple design onto your paper. If you don't have any A5 paper, just cut a sheet of A4 in half.
- Place your design onto your chopping board, corrugated card, or polystyrene tile to protect your work surface.
- Use the thumb tack or other sharp tool to make holes along the lines of your design.
- If your design includes words, don't forget to write the letters backwards.
- Apply double sided sticky tape to one short edge.
- Curl the paper into a cylinder and secure with the tape.
- Turn on your light, place inside the tube and enjoy the display.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.