Making Plant Decorations
Adding decorations to your plants is a fun way to improve their use as focal points in your home decor. This is a guide about making plant decorations.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Whenever you buy cold medicine you always get the little plastic cup with it. Over time you can end up with a lot of these since each medicine bottle comes with one. These cute little bird nests are just one way to put these little cups to use once your medicine is gone.
- 1 small medicine cup about an inch tall
- tacky glue
- floral moss
- Put down newspaper to keep your area clean.
- Cut up the floral moss with the scissors.
- Cut the cup down by making a slit in the cup and following it all the way around.
- Use the tacky glue to add glue to the outside of the cup.
- Roll in the floral moss.
- Take your hand and push the moss onto the cup.
- Check for bare spots and add floral moss and shape with hand.
- Allow to sit a couple of minutes.
- Take the glue and smear it around the inside of the small cup.
- Press floral moss into the cup and shake of excess.
- Cut any moss sticking up or too long on the cups.
- Your finished product should look like a tiny birds nest.
- They are ready to be attached to your flower arrangements.
By Gem from VA
This is an easy project where you get to be very creative!
- 24 gauge bead wire
- sparkly beads
- glue gun
- Cut a 12 inch - 18 inch long piece of bead wire. The length will depend on how tall your plant is.
- Wind the wire around a marker to give it a spring shape.
...or bend it in a zigzag pattern.
...or leave it straight.
...or bend it in an arc so the sparkly part will hang down rather than stand upright.
...or bend the bead wire in any way the spirit moves you!
- Place a small dot of glue 3 inches from the bottom of the bead wire. This will hold the bottom bead.
- Place the bottom bead on the bead wire.
- Place a small dot of glue on the bead wire just below where you want the next bead.
- Place the next bead on the wire.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you're happy with the look of your plant sparkler.
- Stick the plant sparklers into your plant and enjoy the play of the sun on the beads.