Making Potato Soup With Milk

Category Soup
This is a guide about making potato soup with milk. Milk can help make a rich, creamy potato soup.

I'm looking for a recipe for potato soup that uses milk (not half-n-half, etc.), and does not have any meat in it.

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers

By Dede (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have always used milk, not 1/2&1/2. I boil potatoes, carrots, celery, onions. When finished, drain most of the water off, then put a stick or so of oleo/butter in with a little milk, then I add Velveeta cheese. Let it all melt on low heat, so nothing scorches. Stir often. You can omit the cheese or whatever you don't like of the above, except the tators. It really is tasty.

Best Answer

Good, simple potato soup.

Dice 5 or 6 large potatoes and 3 large onions. Cook in just enough water to cover until tender. Add a quart of whole milk or 1 pint of 1/2 & 1/2 and 2 tablespoons of butter (optional). Heat until hot but not boiling.

By Claudia- MD (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Here's what my mom does: Peel, cut up potatoes, onion and celery. Put all these vegetables in a pot and cover with water. Add salt, pepper and a little butter. Cook until veg is tender.

Put milk in a jar, add cornstarch and shake until smooth. Add this to the veg/water mixture. Cook until the soup thickens. Great cold weather meal. (Sorry I don't have the amounts. When I do it, I just use my judgment and it comes out fine.

Best Answer

To make potato soup with milk, you peel 8 large potatoes and cut into quarters. Peel and dice 2 large onions. Put potatoes and onions in a large kettle and cover with enough water to cover the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste and boil until potatoes are done. DO NOT DRAIN. Add one stick of butter to your water and 3 cups of milk with a potato masher. Mush the potatoes but leave some lumps. Thicken with a mixture of corn starch and milk.