Making Loaded Potato Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 18, 2020
This dreamy, creamy soup will really hit the spot. It reminds me of one of my favourite comfort foods, a loaded baked potato. It's super easy to make. Add whatever toppings you like. I went with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, and bacon bits. Perfect!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onion
- Heat a tablespoon of oil or butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic for a minute while stirring. Sprinkle with flour. Stir well.
- Add chopped potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper. Increase heat and bring to a boil, cooking until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Use an emersion blender to puree until smooth. You can also use a blender in batches, but be careful as it's hot. Serve with your favourite baked potato toppings.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.