Making Loaded Potato Soup
This dreamy, creamy soup will really hit the spot. It reminds me of one of my favourite comfort foods, a loaded baked potato. It's super easy to make. Add whatever toppings you like. I went with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, and bacon bits. Perfect!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onion
- Heat a tablespoon of oil or butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic for a minute while stirring. Sprinkle with flour. Stir well.
- Add chopped potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and pepper. Increase heat and bring to a boil, cooking until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Use an emersion blender to puree until smooth. You can also use a blender in batches, but be careful as it's hot. Serve with your favourite baked potato toppings.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.