Making Sewing Cards for Children
You can punch all kinds of cards for a fun way youngsters can learn how to use a needle with yarn or ribbon. This is a page about making sewing cards for children
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a great, inexpensive gift idea to keep youngsters entertained. Create cute sewing cards that are super easy to make. You can use the fronts of old greeting cards or glue calendar pictures to cardboard. Kids can sew lengths of ribbon or yarn through holes punched in the cards.
Approximate Time: Less than 30 minutes to make several
- greeting cards
- calendar pictures
- thin cardboard or poster board
- ribbon or yarn
- clear tape
- If using calendar pictures, glue picture to thin cardboard or poster board.
- Cut out pictures into shapes, such as heart, star, etc.
- Punch pairs of holes about 1 1/2" apart along edges of shape. measure around edges of cutout; add 20".
- Cut a length of yarn or ribbon the determined measurement. Stiffen the ends of the yarn or ribbon by wrapping a piece of clear tape around each end.
Kids can "sew" ribbon through holes in card and then ties ends into a bow.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.